The Super Eagles have been drawn alongside Cape Verde, Central African Republic & Liberia in Group C, for the second round of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers.
- In each group, the teams will play each other home and away in a mini-league format.
- The ten group winners will progress to the third and final round, which will feature five two-legged play-off ties.
- The five winners of these play-offs qualify for Qatar 2022.
Did you know…?
- Thirteeen African teams have already taken part in the World Cup, and they are all still in the running to grace the 2022 edition: South Africa, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, Morocco, Nigeria, Congo DR, Senegal, Tunisia and Togo.
- Nigeria lead the way with six wins from 21 matches, ahead of Ghana (4/12), Cameroon (4/23), Senegal (3/8) and Algeria (3/13).
- Africa’s top scorers at the World Cup are Ghana’s Asamoah Gyan (6), Cameroon’s Roger Milla (5) and Nigeria’s Ahmed Musa (4).
- At the most recent edition in 2018, Africa was represented by Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria, Senegal and Tunisia
What do you think of the draw ? Leave a reaction below.
Portions sourced from FIFA.com
**Copyright © 2019 EaglesTracker – All Rights Reserved. This article may not be reproduced, re-published, re-written or redistributed in whole or in part without the prior express written consent of EaglesTracker.